Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Splurge...I mean Investment: White Rose Dr. Martens

 This weekend I went to the 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica and did a little shopping. I've been eyeing the floral Dr. Martens recently and saw these white rose printed ones online and knew they had to be apart of my wardrobe. I never really thought Dr. Martens were the shoe for me because I always thought of the iconic black pair that most people have just seemed too masculine, which is a style that I know people like, but just wasn't something I was into. Then this year, I discovered the floral printed Docs which was featured in their Spring collection, and fell in love because I have a huge obsession with anything floral print (hence the bedding which if you're curious is from Ikea.). I went into Journeys when I was shopping and saw these but they were in a size 10 :/ And the sales guy told me that they were sold out pretty much everywhere and even online which really bummed me out because these were the ones I really wanted. I know they have other kinds of floral print like the black ones I posted before but that black pair is a canvas floral print and these were leather :) Eventually I asked if any other Journeys had them and I was so lucky that he found a random one that carried size 8s! I was so excited and happy that they still had them somewhere in my size and ordered them right away. Yes they were pricey, but I think a great investment because I've heard so many positive reviews for the quality of these shoes and I love the print and they add a little bit of height which is good :P I paid around $140 for these with tax included which is probably the most I've ever spent on a shoe :/ but nonetheless, money well spent because I feel like these would last for a good couple years before they're ready to be retired. I just got these today and I can't wait to break them in and wear them for the fall!!! 
 So far I've walked in these with my bare foot around my apartment and they seem really comfortable. However, I've heard that the first week or so is hell because you have to break them in which I'm kind of scared about, but I guess no pain no gain.  

Here is a summary recap:
Shoe: 8 eye white rose dr. martens
Price: $140
Size: 8 (I normally wear 7.5)

I'm planning on wearing this outfit tomorrow and maybe two pairs of socks just so that my feet won't get hurt during the process of breaking these babies in :)
Outfit:
chambray shirt: H&M
black bow back tank: Brandy Melville
beige pleated skirt: Brandy Melville
necklace: Brandy Melville
Dr. Martens: Journeys

28 comments:

  1. those are some of the most perfect shoes i have seen in a LONG time! i love how you paired them up with that outfit as well. and how they match your sheets:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blog and yes I'm in love with these shoes right now :) Today I wore them for the first time and they gave me blisters on the back of my ankle :/ even with two pairs of socks but no pain no gain lol.

      Delete
  2. Love the floral Dr. Martens and how you styled it. The perfect combo of edgy and girly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blog :) And yes I love how the form of the shoe is masculine but the print gives it a girly appeal :)

      Delete
  3. Fun, simple, lovely and so great was my experience here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. tus Dr. Martens son absolutamente maravillosas!!!!!!!!!!!!

    un saludo

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like a great investment!they are amazing!

    http://www.asparklyhanger.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I love how they match your bed spread. I myself just picked up a few pairs of boots and I don't think I've ever spent that much money on shoes either!

    Charlotte
    www.deconstrut.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I didn't realize they matched so well with my bedding til I opened the box lol.

      Delete
  7. This is making me want a pair of Doc Martens more and more. I got my mum the same pair for her birthday, they are so adorable! I love the floral pattern on them. They really go with that outfit. Love the necklace as well.

    Sophie
    xxx

    http://burningintothenight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks yeah these are my first and I'm obsessed with them right now lol. :) And that's so nice that you bought them for your mom.

      Delete
  8. They are exactly like your bedsheets :)
    Lovely post hon!
    kisses
    http://from-brussels-with-love.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the follow and stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Dr Martens!
    Amazing blog dear, so stylish! Follow you on Bloglovin and GFC, hope you'll follow me back! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by Marella :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. these shoes are sooo beautiful! I love the pattern and the design so much!! The way you combine them is perfect! thumbs up!

    Hope you visit me on my blog
    fashionobsession-mieni.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. SO CUTE! Those shoes are to die for.

    xx

    http://fashionhotbox.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. amazing boots! love them! :)

    I really like your blog and your style, I´m following you!
    Maybe if you want, you could visit my blog too, and if you like it,
    follow me back ;)
    Kiss!
    http://modacapital-blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are such cute boots!! I want them so badly!! ahhh

    ReplyDelete