For the past couple of days I've been working on decorating my bedroom. I've been browsing apartmenttherapy.com and pinterest.com for ideas and this is what I came up with after days of brainstorming and research. I knew I wanted to mix modern styled furniture with organic accents like floral print and pictures depicting nature scenes. I also wanted my room to be personal and not something generic like what you would see in a model house. Here are some tips I came up with if you want to achieve an organic modern styled bedroom:
- Start with modern styled furniture. A nice solid colored simple bed frame with some side tables will do the trick.
- Stick with sophisticated colors like black, grey, white, silver, and any other cool toned colors. (I.e. lamp with the circular silver stem)
- Your bed is probably the biggest thing in your room which makes bedding an important asset to dressing a room. Here I selected a mix of modern and organic with this gray and white vintage floral duvet. You can also try a pop of color with a multicolored floral duvet like the one here.
- Plants fake or real are essential to this style. I personally prefer real plants however, I'm not too good with taking care of a potted plant so a great alternative are dried plants. (Just get a glass vase, fill 1/4 with rocks and then stick some dried plant stems and twigs in.)
- You can also find nature print or hang pictures with nature scenes. (I.e. the candle with butterfly print, and pictures above my bed.)
Make it personal
- If you like photography, enlarge some of your own work and hang them instead of buying photo decor at a store. (I.e. the two photos above my bed are taken by yours truly :)
- If you're into drawing, frame some of your artwork. No matter how awful you think it is, almost everything looks amazing framed ;)
- Instead of buying a room decor plant, fake or real, go out and pick some flowers, or plant stems and place in a glass vase. (I.e. the plants in the glass vase on my side table were from my backyard)
Hope these tips are helpful and inspire you to revamp your room for the new year :D