So let's just say finals week was killer which is why this little trip to Old Town Pasadena was so essential to say the least. It was a chilly Sunday morning in Pasadena so I resorted to layering every aspect of my outfit from leggings underneath my pants to three pairs of socks on my feet.
My goal for this trip was to try macaroons because I've never had them and they seem like the next big thing since self-serve frozen yogurt. My boyfriend and I went to Lette, a tiny bakery that specialized in macarons and picked out three flavors to try. They were a bit pricey starting at $1.70 for one, but we bit our tongues and got five. Out of the Colombian coffee, Caribbean chocolate, and earl grey tea, my favorite was the earl grey tea pictured above. It was just the right amount of sweet and melt-in-your-mouth goodness.
I stopped by Lush just to check out their seasonal products but window shopping for the most part. I specifically wanted to try their two rose scented products, Turkish Delight and Ro's Argan Body Conditioner. The lady at Lush allowed me to try Turkish Delight and introduced me to Rub Rub Rub, a light salt scrub. She used this prior to Turkish Delight which revealed a smooth surface for the shower smoothie to graze. Definitely eyeing these three products for my next big Lush purchase.
Update on my Docs: So the first two weeks were hell breaking these in. Even though I had on five pairs of socks, they still rubbed against my heel. I actually put them away for a couple weeks because I didn't want to deal with the pain and hassle of putting on ankle band aids and socks just to wear them. However, a couple weeks ago I decided to bust them out again because winter weather is the perfect time to wear Docs. Once I started to wear them again, they became more and more comfortable and now their like walking on clouds.
- Gives you a little bit of height
- Excellent quality
- Attention grabber
- Every time I wear these, someone will almost always compliment me on my shoes :)
- Good on chilly days, rainy days, windy days, etc.
- a little heavy because of the thick soles
- pricey ($140) but I think they were worth it :D
- the biggest con for me is I started to notice the floral print in some parts have started to fade :( I think it's because I rub my feet when I walk. I would love to find some kind of spray that would protect the print on the shoes...any suggestions?
striped sweater: Forever 21
cardigan: American Apparel
shoes: Doc Martens
bag: Harajuku Lovers