Thursday, October 24, 2013

Fall Shoe Haul

I got four words for you guys: Macy's Columbus Day Sale!
This fall I really wanted some kind of black ankle boot that I can wear on a day to day basis. For me, this means no heel. I found the perfect cut-out boot on Asos in the sale section which was super exciting. I love the "view runway" option where you see the item modeled by a real person which gives you a real life perspective on the item. I was sold after seeing the runway clip of the model wearing skinnies walking down the runway in these cool ankle booties. The price was perfect for my budget, and the look was right up my alley. When I got the shoe in the mail I was blown away by the quality (soft suede upper, with leather interior and insole cushions already in place. Also made in Italy) All in all the shoe was a great purchase, and I felt like I got more than what I actually paid for.
Fell in love with these after trying them on at Macy's and knew I needed them in my life. Before this I never heard of the brand Frye before, but I know now that they make amazing high quality leather shoes. These are 100% leather upper and so so buttery soft! They have built-in insoles and they don't hurt the back of your ankles due to the soft buttery leather. I have another pair of taupe oxfords from Aldo that rubbed my ankles causing major blisters when I broke them in the first few wears. With these, there is no need to break them in because of the high quality leather. I have already been living in these for the past week and have no complains.
Found these in the sale section, and was drawn to them because of the gorgeous bold print. I never was interested in Michael Kors shoes but these were very eye-catching. What sold these to me was the quality and comfort of these slip ons because I am all about comfort and paying for quality. These are easy to wear with any casual ensemble and add an "Alexa Chung" quirky chic touch to any outfit.
I have been wanting riding boots for the longest time and I thought this sale was the best opportunity. I looked through many different styles and brands, and settled on these. The price of any high quality boot went upward to $200 dollars which was a little more than I was willing to spend. These were the perfect marriage of quality, style, and price. Made from high quality leather, these Marc Fishers were just the style I was looking for. I knew I didn't want something too trendy with a lot of buckles, and I knew I didn't want something too heavy. As much as I love the quality and look of the Frye and Steve Madden boots, they were out of my price range and too heavy. These Marc Fisher ones were light, and had a classic style to them. The best part, they were on sale!
What do you guys think? Let me know if you have any questions on the shoes I purchased and/or how they feel and fit. (I wear 7.5-8) Also let me know if you guys went fall shoe shopping! :)
-Jenny






9 comments:

  1. I can say I actually love every single pair!! Jenny, your blog design is super cute :) I followed! If you're interested I'd love it if you could check out my blog as well; can't wait to read more!!

    aclassystateofgrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Signe! Thanks for the follow and I just checked out your blog too :) You have really cute style!

      Delete
  2. The booties are just avesome <3 very good haul, just followed you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omo~ nice shoes hehe <3 www.pinkivorys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your shoes!!
    can you follow me back? thanks!
    http://goodbyemyloverbutiloveyou.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow great post!
    Love the asos boots!
    Would you like to follow each other on gfc,let me know on my blog and i always follow back:http://cinnamonanddanako.blogspot.co.uk/
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete